Plant and fungal hosts grown in controlled environment systems to produce high added value molecules for the pharmaceutical, cosmeceutical or nutraceutical sectors.
Areas of application:
- Support for the development of innovative controlled-environment production systems (grow rooms, growth cabinets, greenhouses, etc.)
- Crop management and phytosanitary control method optimization using state-of-the-art technological equipment
- Evaluation of the effects of biostimulants, biofertilizers and biopesticides on plant development and on the synthesis of compounds of interest
- Research on the development of inputs and methods used in Cannabis sativa L. cultivation systems, and the exploitation of its coproducts.
- Optimization of heterologous plant expression systems for molecules of interest
- Development of genetic conservation and maintenance methods
- Hop breeding program for brewing and medicinal purposes
- Real-time non-destructive plant quality/growth control approach
- Multidisciplinary team for the integration of agronomic, optics, physical technology and artificial intelligence expertise
- Genetic improvement
- Cultivation in controlled environments
- Molecular farming
- In vitro cultures
- Marker-assisted selection