David holds a college diploma in biomedical analysis technology, which he obtained in 2008. He worked 10 years as a medical technologist in the multidisciplinary laboratory of Notre-Dame-de-Fatima Hospital in La Pocatière, where he developed scientific rigour and the mechanisms necessary to the validation of laboratory results. He joined Biopterre’s biotechnologies cell in 2019, where he works as a laboratory technician. The projects in which he is involved require the mastery of several techniques, such as microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry.
- Sample analysis using infrared spectroscopy (FTIR).
- Sample analysis using ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC).
- Analysis of elemental organic particles (CHNS-O).
- Sample analysis using ion exchange chromatography (IC).
- Microbiological culture and production of value-added molecules through chemical or biological reactions in biofermentors.
Tel.: 418 856-5917 ext. 205