Emilie Gingras holds a college diploma in bioecology techniques from Cégep de La Pocatière and a bachelor’s degree in biology from Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières. As a research assistant at UQTR, she perfected her skills in lake and river characterization and sampling, and in the identification of benthic and pelagic invertebrates. She later worked as a laboratory technician for a private company, where she specialized in the identification of biting insects and testing for West Nile Virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis using molecular detection tools.
Part of Biopterre’s team since 2018, she takes part in research projects as a laboratory technician in the biotechnology laboratory and the field.
- Preparation of fungal strain inoculum
- Isolation and molecular identification of microorganisms
- Quantification of mycorrhizal colonization in plant roots
- Protocol drafting for the extraction and counting of nematodes in soils
- Protocol drafting for the development of biolarvicides/insecticides
- Implementation of experimental designs in the field and data collection
Tel.: 418 856-5917 ext. 216