Audrey Gaudreau joined Biopterre in May 2016 after graduating from Cégep Lévis-Lauzon in laboratory techniques, with a specialization in biotechnologies. She currently works as a laboratory technician in the biotechnologies department and carries out projects requiring mastery of several molecular biology, microbiology and chemistry techniques. She is responsible, among other things, for the development, optimization and transfer of protocols from laboratories to industries.
- Isolation and identification of microorganisms (fungi and bacteria) using the genetic barcode
- Development of quantitative PCR molecular tools for the detection of pathogens in agronomic crops
- Development and optimization of methods for the assessment of microbiological life in soils (microbial cell count and enzyme activity of microorganisms)
- Bioleaching of magnesium from mine tailings
- Production of bioplastics from organic residual biomass
- Extraction and quantification of molecules (hydrocarbons, phenol, volatile fatty acids) through spectrophotometry
Tel.: 418 856-5917, ext. 236