Émilie Mercier holds a diploma in biological inventory and research techniques from Cégep de Sainte-Foy. After getting her college degree, she worked at Premier Tech Biotechnologies for six years. Following this work experience, she decided to specialize in molecular biology and in vitro culture through Université Laval’s biotechnology certificate. She has been working at Biopterre since 2013 as a technician at the biotechnology laboratory.
- Development of a process specific to in vitro vegetative propagation of a variety of Carpathian walnut trees.
- Implemented and maintained a bank of microorganisms of interest in conservation.
- Developed mycorrhizal inoculants (ectomycorrhizae and ericoids).
- Assessment of mycorrhizal colonization by root staining with Trypan blue.
- Isolation and identification of fungus using the genetic barcode.
- Identified and quantified specific bacteria present in agricultural bedding.
Tel.: 418 856-5917, ext. 251