Émilie Mercier holds a diploma in biological inventory and research techniques from Cégep de Sainte-Foy. After getting her college studies, she worked at Premier Tech Biotechnologies for six years. Following this work experience, she decided to specialize in molecular biology and in vitro culture through Université Laval’s biotechnology certificate. She has been working at Biopterre since 2013 as a technician at the biotechnology laboratory.
- Development of a process specific to in vitro vegetative propagation of a variety of Carpathian walnut trees
- Optimization of an onsite molecular detection method for Erwinia amylovora, the bacterium responsible for the fire blight of rosacea in Quebec
- Development of mycorrhizal inoculants and development of a standardized quantification procedure
- Assessment of mycorrhizal colonization by root staining with Trypan blue
- Qualitative assessment of soil microorganisms (bacteria, fungi and nematodes)
- Isolation and identification of fungus using the genetic barcode
Tel.: 418 856-5917