Marilee Thiffault holds a college diploma in bioecology techniques from Cégep de La Pocatière. She first perfected her work ethic and her research methods when she held a position at the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ) in the Laboratoire d’expertise et de diagnostic en phytoprotection. This experience allowed her to work on the identification and pinning of insect pests in Quebec. She also developed an expertise in insect breeding and arthropod diagnostics in the agricultural sector. Having been part of a student-researcher program affiliating Biopterre and the Cégep de La Pocatière, Marilee began her career with Biopterre a year before graduating from college. With this experience, she has been an integral part of the team as a mycotechnology technician at Biopterre since 2020. She participates in research projects focused on fungi and their applications in several spheres of the circular economy.
- Preparation of fungal inocula
- Implementation of a protocol for the use of residual material such as gourmet mushroom spawn
- Assessment of fungal enzyme production
- Implementation of a wood biocoloration protocol
- Growth assessment of fungal strains according to various environmental parameters
- Implementation of experimental field plots and data collection
Tel.: 418 856-5917 ext. 248