Stéphanie Beauseigle holds a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry and a master’s degree in forestry from Université Laval. She has over ten years of research experience in different laboratories. In particular, she has worked at identifying the genomic regions involved in specific traits of economic or ecological importance in forest species. She has also participated in numerous research projects focused on the molecular detection and identification of forest fungal pathogens. She has been employed at Biopterre since 2016 and is actively involved in research projects related to soil microbiology and the development of horticultural bioproducts (biostimulants and biopesticides). As the Coordinator of Biotechnology R&D, she plans and oversees research activities in this sector.
Tel.: 418 856-5917 ext. 226
- Tsui, C. K-M., Beauseigle, S., Alayon Ojeda, D.I., Rice, A.V., Cooke, J.E.K., Sperling, F.A.H., Roe, A.D. and R.C. Hamelin. Fine-scale genetic diversity and relatedness in fungi associated with the mountain pine beetle. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 2019. 49 :933-941 doi: 10.1139/cjfr-2018-0418.
- Feau, N., Ojeda, D. I., Beauseigle, S., Bilodeau, G. J., Brar, A., Cervantes‐Arango, S., Dale, A. L., Dhillon, B., Hammett, C., Herath, P., Shamoun, S. F., Tsui, C. K., Tanguay, P. and Hamelin, R. C. (2019). Improved detection and identification of the sudden oak death pathogen Phytophthora ramorum and the Port Orford cedar root pathogen Phytophthora lateralis. Plant Pathol., 68: 878-888. doi:1111/ppa.13015.
- Beauseigle, S., Ontchangalt, P. H., Billong, A., Kerner, S., Rudolph-Binette, Y., & Vialle, A. (2017). Development of a botanical pesticide for the control of powdery mildew: the challenge of performing fungicide efficacy trial on obligate biotrophic fungi. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology 39 (1):88-89.
- Herath, P., Beauseigle, S., Dhillon, B., Ojeda, D. I., Bilodeau, G., Isabel, N., Gros-Louis, M., Kope, H., Zeglen, S., Hamelin, R. C. and Feau, N. 2015. Anthropogenic signature in the incidence and distribution of an emerging pathogen of Poplars. Biological Invasions, Avril 2016, Volume 18 :4, p 1147-1161.
- Dhillon, B., Feau, N., Aerts, A. L., Beauseigle, S., Bernier, L., Copeland, A., Foster, A., Gill, N., Henrissat, B., Herath, P., LaButti, K. M., Levasseur, A., Lindquist, E. A., Majoor, E., Ohm, R. A., Pangilinan, J. L., Pribowo, A., Saddler, J. N., Sakalidis, M. L., de Vries, R. P., Grigoriev, I. V., Goodwin, S. B., Tanguay, P. and Hamelin, R. C. 2015. Horizontal gene transfer and gene dosage drives adaptation to wood colonization in a tree pathogen. PNAS 112 (11) 3451-3456.
- Pavy, N., Pelgas, B., Beauseigle, S., Blais, S., Gagnon, F., Gosselin, I., Lamothe, M., Isabel, N. and Bousquet, J. 2008. Enhancing genetic mapping of complex genomes through the design of highly-multiplexed SNP arrays: application to the large and unsequenced genomes of white spruce and black spruce. BMC Genomics, 9:21.
- Pelgas, B., Beauseigle, S., Acheré, V., Jeandroz, S., Bousquet, J. & Isabel, N. 2006. Comparative genome mapping among Picea glauca, P. abies and P. mariana X rubens, and correspondence with other Pinaceae. Theoretical & Applied Genetics 113: 1371-1393.
- Pelgas, B., Bousquet, J., Beauseigle, S. and Isabel, N. 2005. A composite linkage map from two crosses for the species complex Picea mariana × P. rubens and analysis of synteny with other Pinaceae. Theoretical & Applied Genetics 111: 1466-1488.